Today is the beginning of American Craft Beer Week! This annual event became a week long event and was recognized by the U.S. Congress with House Resolution 753 in 2006. Every year more people celebrate in a variety of ways to support craft beer in America.
Here in LA, I came up with the idea to take the Declaration of Beer Independence, developed by the Brewers Association, blow it up to poster size and take around town to different craft brewhouses and collect signatures. The poster is complete and now it’s my mission to collect signatures!
The following is my schedule, so come out to one of the following, sign the Declaration and have a pint!
- Tuesday 5/12 Blue Palms Brewhouse (Hollywood)
- Wednesday 4-7pm, Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena
- Wednesday 7-9pm, Stuffed Sandwich in San Gabriel (east of Pasadena, great beer selection and food)
- Thursday 5-730pm, Red Carpet Wine in Glendale (Belgian beer tasting and sandwiches!)
- Thursday 8-10pm, Verdugo Bar (Glassel Park)
- Friday 5-730pm, Library Ale House in Santa Monica
- Friday 8-10pm, The Daily Pint in Santa Monica
- Saturday 11am-2pm, The Bruery 1st Anniversary celebration
- Saturday 7-10pm, Blue Palms Brewhouse for the Primer Rib Dinner with Firestone 10th, 11th and 12th vertical tasting